Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I'm a FOOL!!!!

I feel like the biggest retard in the country. I was April fooled. If you read the first page of the newspaper today, April 1st, it says that the county of Bear Lake went bankrupt. So we, as in Jaren and I read the article and were really bothered by the whole thing. It said a whole bunch of things you'll have to go read it, but one of the things it said was that a county employee was upset because she didn't know what to do about her $750,000.00 mortgage, child support and even her cruise to the carribean. I thought who cares about that. It also said that if you needed to register your vehicle you needed to go to Soda Springs to do so. I was so bothered by the end of the article, it was believable to me with the whole economy. So because I was so bothered I told a few people about it. I told my mom about it and she was worried because the county owes us money for work we did on a truck for them and she thought that we need to go put a lein on the bankruptcy so we could get our money. So Jaren called Greg Skinner, because he is the one over the fixing vehicles for the county and asked him if it was true what we read in the paper and if we were going to get paid for the job we did and he told him that it was true, but he said that they were fine and that we would get paid. He also made a little comment about that it was April 1st,but Jaren didn't think anything of it, why would someone joke about this. I had to take vinyl to Hayden today and I told her about and then after I went to the school for Gracey's screening for Kindergarten and Mrs. Kamack came out and started talking to me and asking what Jaren was doing. And then I asked her if she read the paper yet and I told her what it said not thinking anything about it. Then when I got home Hayden called me and told me the whole thing was a joke. I couldn't believe it. In the paper on the right side of the continued part it said it was all a hoax. I thought it was a total different article because it wasn't right under it like it should be. Well they sure made a fool out of me.

1 comment:

J and Ris said...

That is so funny! It's amazing how the media can make or break the economy by printing things or saying things on the news. I'm sure there were alot of people very worried about that article! (Altough, most of them probably read the rest of the article. hee, hee) Thanks for the laugh. How are you feeling?