Friday, October 17, 2008

iFly Utah!

We had the greatest time here. It all started when my step-mom and Jackie wanted to take my Dad skydiving for his 50th birthday. My Grandma Bradford caught wind of that and thought," oh no you won't." So she got it set up that we all go to this iFly thing in Ogden. When we got there you had to sign a waiver that said pretty much if you "DIE" it's not their fault. When I read that I didn't know if this was going to be fun or not. But I went along with it because Jaren wouldn't let me chicken out, and at this point I was thinking that being a chicken was better than being a dead person. Well we had to watch a five minute video on different hand signals the instructors used to communicate with us while we were in there flying. So we got suited up and went into the "chamber" where we all waited for our turn to fly.I of course DID NOT want to go first, everybody made the birthday boy go first. So what it is is a big tube thing, probably about 8 to 10 feet in diameter, not very big. They have a huge fan system underneath you blowing air. There is a grate just under you so you don't fall through, of course. So they turn on the fan and then you fall into the tube and start flying. The insrtuctor is in there trying to help you with the correct position so you are able to fly better. Our first ime around we stayed in their for a minute, which was mostly just getting the hang of it. Then we went a second time we still only went for a minute, but the instructor took us up higher so we were both in their flying. It was pretty dang cool. It wasn't near as scary as it looks. We got a DVD of everybody flying, I wish there were some way you could watch it. So all we have are pictures. Sorry about the glare there was a lot of glass everywhere. So Enjoy!



Jaren and I just before going in.







Jaren flying!













This is ME!









This is all of us after we were done and thank goodness


nobody died.


















These are our certifiates that we got when we were done.







Sorry about the dead space I put this post on here and noticed it was puting all this dead space on here so I deleted it and saved it as a draft and then was going to try and do another one because it bugged me so bad, but I didn't want to retype everything, so I am going to leave it. I would add more pictures but I am afraid it will create more dead space. So, Sorry.


















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































4 comments:

Average Me said...

That looks like so much fun. Where is that at. Glad you had a good time. Love your face.

The Perkins Family said...

Looks like you're ready to really go ski diving or something. Way fun. I haven't seen your sister Jackie forever.

Tara Mc said...

Way too fun!! And way safer than the actual thing. Thats great that Jaren would go with you. You'd never get Matt anywhere near the place.

J and Ris said...

I could handle doing that! I would get so sick doing the real thing! J and I need to go do that!