Mason's 1st Birthday!
Loves the cake!!
Well here are the pictures and story of Jaren's accident. I need to document it before I forget what happened.(which I dont think I will ever forget that night).
Well the night started out with me taking the kids to my moms, cuz they had been wanting to spend the night at Grandma's since before school started. My mom had to work that day and didn't get off until 7 that night. So I waited til about 5:30 to take the kids over. By the time I got there and got headed home it was 8:30 or so. And it crossed my mind whether I should stay at my moms or go home, because Jaren said he was going to be cutting grain til about 2 in the morning. I didn't say anything to anybody and just decided to go home. When I finally got back into the valley to where Jaren was cutting grain it was about 10:30 and Jaren was wanting me to ride with him on the combine. I really couldn't decide whether I should go home or go ride with him. I thought about it for a minute and decided to surprise Jaren and go ride with him because I really didn't want to go home to an empty bed and I also thought that the extra time with him with no kids was well over due. So I went and rode with him and it didn't take as long to finish as he thought. We got done about 11:30 he had a load in the trailer already so we were going to take a load down and unload and come back to get the rest of it. So I just left the suburban up there in the field along with everything else.(like my phone) So when we got there to unload I just sat in the truck and waited. Not once did I think about getting out. So I was just sitting there figiting with the radio and about 15 min or so after we got there Jaren came and opened the door standing there white as a ghost and with nothing on but the cuffs of his sleeves and his boots. I asked him what in the heck he was doing. My very first thought was that he went pee, but I didn't know why all his clothes were off. So when I asked him what he was doing he just gave a deer in the headlight look and said " I don't know." So he got in the truck sat there for a minute while I just held him and kept asking him what happened. Then the urgency of getting out of there came to me. I couldn't get out on my side because of the jumper cables from the gooseneck, so I made Jaren get back out so I could go see what I needed to do. When I got out I just kept telling Jaren that we needed to unhook the trailer so we could leave. And at this time everything was still going, the trailer was still hoisted up, the tractor was still running, the PTO was still spinning and whipping his clothes around. But it was really weird because Jaren had no clue what happened but yet he knew what to do to get things ready to go. He told me that instead of unhooking the trailer it would be easier to just finishing unloading the grain. So we did, he put the hoist down, went around and turned off the tractor, and unhooked the jumper cables from the truck all while he just had the coat that I was wearing wrapped around him to keep him from freezing. So he got back in the truck and I drove him into the hospital. The whole time we where driving from Liberty into town he asked me the same 3 questions over and over again. He asked "Where are my clothes, why am I naked?", he asked "What happened?", and he asked "Where are the girls?". I would answer all of his questions and as soon as I was done he would start all over again. I kept thinking about that movie "50 First Dates" and that guy that they call 2 second Tom. He would introduce himself and the 2 seconds later he would forget and start introducing himself again. Jaren was just more like 5 minutes in between forgetting what he asked. I really thought he had lost his mind and that hi memory was gone. When we got into the hospital, they laid him on one of the ER beds and put a neck brace on. He then started asking the same questions again but he also started asking "How did I get here?" and when I told him that I drove him, he would tell me how much he loved me and how amazing I was and how thankful he was that I was there. He did this for awhile until they took him in for the CT scan. Everything checked out really good. No head injuries. And then they took him into the X-ray room and did some x-rays on his whole body. They thought that his left arm was broke because he kept complaining about how bad it hurt, but there were no broken bones either. After he was all done they wanted to keep him over night just to make sure everything was going to be ok still. It wasn't until about 4 am that he started remembering stuff that I was telling him. But he would continue to ask a million questions and at one point I told him he was wearing me out asking all those questions. It really was bothering him that he couldn't remember why he got caught in the PTO, he racked his brain all day trying to remember, but he still can't to this day and everyone tells him it's probably a good thing. They let us leave the hospital at about 8:30 in the morning to come home.
This experience has been so amazing! We just can't believe how everything worked out that night. It's like we planned it to happen. We KNOW that Heavenly Father and his angels were with us that night. There is no dought in our minds that Jaren was watched over and that he has a purpose still on this earth. We will forever owe our lives to Him for sparing Jaren's life that morning of September 17, 2010.







5 comments:
Hey Jose I do think that little man is adorable! Glad he had a fun birthday party and that he got a million and a half outfits LOL :)! Every time I look at those pics of Jaren it makes me hurt! I am so thankful that everything is okay and that I am not hanging out with you under different circumstances. I know we have a loving Heavenly Father! Love Ya!
WOW. I was just reminded how our garments can protect us. That is an amazing story. I'm glad that he is okay.
Mason is an adorable little guy. I can't believe he is already one. He has changed so much!
That made me sick oh my goodness!! I am so glad he is ok wow he really was being watched over all of you were!!
And for the little guy he is sooo cute I can't believe he is one!! I can't believe that just over a year ago we were all still pregnant!
I can not believe those pictures. I was imagining what you were going to post and it wasn't that. Eeeesh. I can't believe how bruised up he is, and no broken bones. I am glad you got pictures of everything. I can't believe how it grabbed his clothes. A TRUE MIRACLE. We love you guys! So thankful it turned out the way it did.
Elder Holland Said:
"My beloved brothers and sisters, I testify of angels, both the heavenly and the mortal kind. In doing so I am testifying that God never leaves us alone, never leaves us unaided in the challenges that we face. “[N]or will he, so long as time shall last, or the earth shall stand, or there shall be one man [or woman or child] upon the face thereof to be saved.”13 On occasions, global or personal, we may feel we are distanced from God, shut out from heaven, lost, alone in dark and dreary places. Often enough that distress can be of our own making, but even then the Father of us all is watching and assisting. And always there are those angels who come and go all around us, seen and unseen, known and unknown, mortal and immortal."
Jeffrey R. Holland, “The Ministry of Angels,” Ensign, Nov 2008, 29–31
Oh my gosh I'm glad everything was okay. So Scary!! And yes your little man is adorable.
Post a Comment