Thursday, July 23, 2009

Rigby Family Reunion

The family reunion this year consisted of 11 kids, 8 better halves married to 8 of those kids, 24 grandkids with 2 more on the way and 1 Grandpa and 1 Grandma
with a grand total of 45 people for 1 WHOLE FAMILY.
Holy Cow! I never really sat down to think of how many there really are, and we were missing Landon and his wife Stacie, which were just sealed in the Navoou Temple. Congradulations you two,wish you could have been here. And of course we were missing Layne that died. So really there should be 48. Have you ever met a bigger family? And we aren't all done having kids yet. By the time we are all done there might be 100 of us, who knows.
So on Saturday Richard, the oldest, had a baptism for his son Hayden in Newton. Then after the baptism we all went to Mink Creek to Callie's In-laws and went repelling. I guess I shouldn't say all of us, because there was a lot that didn't go some went rafting down the Bear River. Me I just sat and held down the ground and observed my husband repelling off a 130 ft cliff. I would've taken a picture but the batteries for my camera were at home charging. Good place for them, right? I tried taking one with my phone but you can't see anything but the mountain and thats not what I was taking a picture of. So no pictures of that adventure.
Sunday, 1st ward was bombarded with Rigby's. We had 2 baby blessings and a homecoming. Good thing they decided to do them on the same day and at the same church, that made it lots easier. Then we went back to Jaren's parents and ate some yummy dutch oven dinner.


Here is a picture of some of the kids having a good time on the tramp






Stopping long enough for a picture. Left to right:Seth, Kimble, Drevin, Gracey, Kailee, and Jace

The 4-wheeler always a big hit for the kids.


Everybody just relaxing and enjoying themselves




Brooklyn's first flying lessons. I think this is a tradition for the Rigby's. They are always doing this with the little kids. I have never seen anybody else do this as much as these guys.



These are all the kids notice the pictures of the ones that weren't there.They always do that if someone is not there. If I don't say so myself I think that my husband is the cutest of them all. Don't you agree, unless you are a member of the family, then I am sure you don't agree.



All of the Grandkids. Notice the 3 little ones in the back. They all wanted their daddy so we had them go stand behind and hold them up so they wouldn't cry.

Here's the WHOLE FAM DAMILY.

Boy it is a pain getting everybody to stand still long enough for a picture, let alone smiling at the same time. But with that big of a family you get what you get and you don't complain.

4 comments:

Jed & Tricia said...

Thats awesome Josey- looked like a very good weekend, and yes you can say we were a little overwhelmed on Sunday... but it was good to see your happy smiling face there with your cute family!

Unknown said...

Yeah seriously you guys might be up to 100 after everyone is done having kids. That is fun though... Family is so important! :)
Your cute family is so cute!!

Hubers said...

lol loved the pictures. They all made me laugh... It was fun to see you guys!

Trev & Hayden said...

Reunions are the best...looks like you all had a fun time. Thanks for your nice words about Tayson and us. I'm not sure they are true, but muchly appreciated. About the tree house...I think they did it in about 5 days (well 3 nights after work and two 1/2 days). Thank Heavens it didn't drag out for 6 months! I wouldn't have survived Tayson's anticipation for that long!