Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Remembering...

In sacrament meeting on Sunday the talk was on Rememberance.The rememberance that this guy mainly was talking about was how do we remember things, pictures, letters, family history. It was a pretty good talk and pretty funny too. He told us of a book that he keeps of all the funny things that his grandkids say.He enlightened us with a few it made the whole congregation laugh out loud. And it made me think my kids are at the age where they come up with some pretty funny things. For instance the other day I was upset with Jaren for working too long at night and I can't remember what I said or what she was talking about, but what she came up with is "Daddy, that's because you didn't chose the right, you chose the left," it made me laugh so hard I couldn't stay mad at Jaren any more. Then on Monday before we took Gracey to school, I never wake up on time to feed her a "good" breakfast, so she asked if she could have a snickers for breakfast and I told her no, that they weren't good for her to eat so she said "Well, why do you buy them then?" My response was speechless. Now you know why I don't weigh 100 pounds. That is the exact reason, I like candy too much. But any way kids say some pretty funny things and I am going to start finally writing them down before I forget it, in a week. A good quote that the high councilman said was "Remember who you are, you are a child of God"

5 comments:

Tara Mc said...

I love the things kids say! I'm trying so hard to write them all down but I can't get them all. I hope that the Lord will let me go back some day and listen to them all again so that I can remember. Sounds like a great church talk.

ersheffey said...

The things we wish we would have done when our kids were smaller. Hind sight is always 20/20. That is pretty funny what Gracie said. I loved that age because my kids would come up with the funniest things, but now I can't remember what they are

Dustin and Tara said...

I love all the things they say. I finally bought a small journal just to write down the "funny" sayings and conversations. I do have to admit I go in spurts in writing in it, but I have a start:)!

The Perkins Family said...

That was great. Your Gracie made me laugh.

: said...

Kids say the darndest things. A couple of weeks ago we went to San Diego and as we were walking into a really nice resturaunt Degan looked at this homeless guy walking by and said "look mom, there's Jesus"(he did look like Jesus) The guy was nice and said Thank you, but it was still really embarrasing, and thats the 2nd time he's called someone Jesus... Thats a good idea to write the things they say down. Your girls are so cute.