Saturday, January 3, 2009
We had a very good Christmas, it was kind of small, but we had no regrets. Christmas morning Jaren got up at about 6:30 because Brooklyn was crying. When he went up there Gracey was awake and she told Jaren that she needed to go back to sleep so Santa could come and instead of letting her go back to sleep(like most parents would)he said are you sure he hasn't come yet. So she went out and looked and of course everything was out and in the meantime I am down sleeping. I had no idea they were coming down until I heard Gracey talk about what she got. So needless to say I didn't get to record them and their reaction. SO thanks Jaren we will have this Christmas to remember by not having any video of the kids on christmas morning. Well they played with their toys and then about 7:30 Jaren and I went back to bed. We should've stayed up and got ready because we had a big day in front of us. We went down to my Grandparents in Ogden and then back to my moms in Logan. The weather was pretty good all day until we got ready to go home and this was the day of the really bad storm(in Utah, Idaho didn't get hardly anything)The weather was so bad! It was a blizzard when we got to North Logan, I kept telling Jaren to turn around and we could just stay at my moms but he wanted to sleep in his own bed.People were driving on the wrong side of the road because they couldn't see were the road was. So they just got over when there was a car coming. Jaren in his big bad truck was passing people like they were standing still, it probably scared them right off the road, I know it scared me especially when you couldn't see the road. But we made it home about after 2 and a half hours. We were probably watched over because we stopped to help someone. But after all the craziness we had a good day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Thats too bad about the video. It will be okay. I'm sure they got spoiled rotten. I can't believe you came home in that weather. It was horrible. Glad all is well. See ya Thursday!
I love your picture of the sleigh tracks! What great parents you are to take a picture of that!!! Your girls are getting so big- and very beautiful!
Your story made me laugh about Jaren driving, that sounds just like Dustin. I'm glad you guys had a good Christmas. That is cute that Gracey wanted to go back to bed so Santa would come! Your icycle comment made me laugh....I forgot about that whole experience, trying to make homemade ice cream with icycles in Evanston! How is the business going?
Sorry we didn't come up and visit very much last weekend. Braxton ended up getting sick and we were in MInk Creek a bit longer then we expected. WE left Sunday to get back to teach my primary class. Hopefully you or your girls didn't catch the bug. I know Joel and Celeste and some of their boys did. Hope all is well.
Post a Comment