Tuesday, December 2, 2008

It's Official! I am a farmers wife!


Ya, That's me in there!

Lately we have been getting alot of people wanting us to plow their ground for them and Jaren has been getting busier with his mechanic business, but he was the only one that was able to do any of it. So since we are supposed to be leaving for Las Vegas on Thursday I thought I would be a good wife and go and try to plow for him. I have swathed and baled for him before and well lets just say it was not good the first time around. But today was pretty good we got in it and he plowed for a minute and then showed me how. It took a couple of times to get the hang of it, but actually it was pretty easy. It was funny today when we were talking about if I wanted to go and plow,but didn't really want to and I told him I had never even driven the tractor before. He said" You are my wife and you have never driven the tractor before?" So needless to say he wasn't going to not let me get out of this one. So before I learned how to plow I had to learn to drive the tractor. I am so proud of myself!!!!! So now when I wear those farm girl shirts, it will be true not just something I claim I know how to do.

10 comments:

Alyson said...

Beckam likes the typical boy things. He will be 5 in a couple of months, he LOVES monster trucks, legos (or any buiding thing) and dogs. I hope that helps. It is alwalys so crazy buying presents for distant cousins we have hardly ever met! ha ha

Callie, Shawn and Braxton said...

Haha. I'm still impressed. Shawn wanted me to go with him while he was plowing and I was too big of a pansy to even take a ride. So, needless to say, I think Shawn will be jealous of Jaren even knowing that is wife is a true farm wife.

Callie, Shawn and Braxton said...

P.S. I talked to Tara yesterday and she wants to see pictures of what we made for the craft fair, so if you have any pictures, put them up please. I only had one from the blocks and then a few bad ones of the tutu's and what not.

Callie, Shawn and Braxton said...

One more P.S. I forgot to tell you. Great job on the header. It turned out really well.

Cassie Skinner said...

Cute, Cute, Cute!! I am so jealous. Sometimes I feel like I can't drive a car let alone a tractor. You go you farm girl...... Your awesome!!!

J and Ris said...

I love your background! Way to go with the whole tractor thing! You of anyone could pull that off and still be a really hip wife and mom!

: said...

LOL! Isin;t it great to be a farmers wife! Never a dull moment...we make cute farmers...

Tara Mc said...

Okay, so here I am catching up on everything you're up to. If I'd read this yesterday, I would'nt have called and left you a message.Sorry! Anyway, I'm so jealous of you, getting to help your husband and be a real farm girl, the closest I get to ranching is to feed the horses.

Dustin and Tara said...

Wow! I can't believe it. He must be related to my husband. Dustin would want to teach me also and then I can really help:)! I didn't know you guys were going to Las Vegas! I need to call you. I heard from Callie your craft fair went really good....I wish I could have seen all the stuff you made. I'm sure it was all super cute....of course:)!

The Perkins Family said...

Look at you go. I ran a swather once. But never by myself. Way too go.