Friday, June 20, 2008

Rigby Reunion

This year Dustin and Tara held the reunion at their home in Moses Lake, Wa. We got up there late on thursday. Friday we went to the Moses Lake Aquatic Center. It was a lot of fun for all of us, big and little. They had this thing called surf'n'slide, where you could learn how to surf. It was a lot of fun. Callie, the pictures of you and Shawn are right here if you want to copy them. They are the the fisrt two on the surf'n'slide.


On Saturday we went to a Combine demolition derby. It was the highlight of the trip. Where they held the derby was in a small town called Lind, Wa, better known as redneckville USA. I made that part up, but just to give you a glimps of what I mean, while we were sitting there watching the derby the announcer announced "Make sure you have a designated driver for the ride home." I don't know about you but I have never heard anybody announce something like that before. The derby lasted 4 HOURS. We paid $12 a person to get in, only to find no seats, and the seats we did find you counldn't see the combines, you either had to sit up really tall or slouch down because of a huge post that ran across the top of the fence and it was exactly at your eye level. So we found a great place to stand the whole time. The girls had a great time playing in the dirt. This event was quite exciting. They had the first 4 heats with the combines then while the combines were trying to get fixed to run in the last heat they had grain truck races and pickup races. The grain truck races just consisted of any truck that could hold grain and they just drove around the arena and if you got passed then you were out. Last year I heard a girl won! The pickup races weren't that exciting until one of the trucks tipped over right in front of us. It was pretty cool, then they got about 7 or 8 men and pushed it back over and he finished the race. We were ready to go after standing there for about 3 and a half hours so we left right before it ended, we didn't get to see who won, but we wanted to get out of there before the other 5,000 people decide to leave too. We didn't get too many pictures because we forgot our camera back in Moses Lake so the pictures that I took were with my phone. So here they are. If you want to see more pictures go to http://www.lindwa.com/lind'sweekend.html




Right before the derby we went to a waterfall called Palouse Falls, which only is a waterfall in the spring but boy does it put out some water! We could've walked around to it, but we didn't have enough time. Some people stand right over it on the left side.


Thank you Dustin and Tara, for the great hospitality that you showed everybody. You guys are awesome! Hopefully we get to see you soon!

8 comments:

Tara Mc said...

I just love family reunions. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Great pictures.

The Perkins Family said...

Looked very fun. Water parks especially. That demolition derby sounded very interesting. I don't know about standing the whole time.

Hubers said...

Man- I thought I had commented on this, but apparently I am retarded and just thought I did!! It looks like you guys had a ton of fun, I sure do wish that Ryan and I were able to go.. We can't wait to see you guys again.. Whenever that may be... Hope all is well!! PS Do you have a recipe for homemade chicken noodle soup and noodles?

Average Me said...

Josie, Yay you have a blog. I am glad you found me. Yeah 6 years seems like eternity to me. Your girls are so cute. We need to get together and let them play. It's crazy that they are so close in age. They're all blonde too. =) I'm gonna add you to my blog k. Love your face. Come play.

The Bartschi's said...

Josie I haven't talked to you forever! How are you? Your little family sure is cute! I found your blog while looking at the Hubers. My blog is priveate but if you would like to check it out let me know at kandrbartschi@msn.com

Average Me said...

Hey Josie, I needed some vinyl lettering to put on my wall. I was wondering you could do it for me. Let me know and I will let you know what I need. Love your face.

Average Me said...

Okay so this is what I need. I need it to be like 1ft x 3ft.
I wanted it in "winsong text" in white.
I need it to say:
Like stardust glistening on fairies wings
Little girls dreams are of magical things.
Then I was wondering if you can do all the text white except do the word "stardust in daffodil" the word "fairies in green" and the word "girls in tropical pink". Let me know if you can do that.
Okay then I needed another one about 2ft x 1ft in "tomato red and papyrus text" I need it to say
Laundry Room (underlined if possible)
Then underneath "Laundry Room" I need "in tomato red in rage italic text" I need it to say:
Drop your drawers here!
Let me know if I just confused the crap out of you. =) Also let me know if there is something you can't do and how much. I really appreciate it. Thanks a bunch.

Average Me said...

Sorry that is confusing. The fairy one I need 3ft wide and 1ft tall.
The laundry one I need 2ft wide and 1ft tall. I would love to take your families pictures. It kind of depends on how many pictures you want as far as pricing goes. It's $15 a sheet. So like a sheet consists of 1-8x10, 2-5x7, 4-3.5x5, 3-4x5, 8-wallets, etc. Enlargements like 11x14 are $20 and I can do them even bigger than that if you need. There is no sitting fee. In a sheet you can have different pictures like if you got 2 5x7's then you can have two different poses. wallets all have to be the same pose though. If you have any other questions let me know. Hope you're doing well. Or if you wanna trade for some vinyl I can do that too. Just let me know. Love your face.