Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Where do big babies come from?

I went to the hospital on Monday to have another ultrasound because when I went before the baby had a small cyst growing on the brain. They said that it is very common and that it usually goes away, but my doctor wanted me to go in and make sure that it did. Well the cyst went away, but we found out that this young man of ours is going to be a BIGGG BABY. The guy that did the ultrasound measured everything again to make sure everything else was OK, and as he started measuring he asked do big heads run in your family, cuz this baby has a big head. Then he kept measuring and the whole baby was big(hopefully we don't have a child with a head bigger than his body). After all the measurments were taken and calculated the Estimated Due Date measured the baby to be born Sept 7, a whole month before my due date. Some how it measures the babies weight in grams and he figured that the baby already weighs 5.4 pounds. No wonder I am so big if I waited till the due date the baby would weigh 15 pounds if he gained a pound a week from now until my due date, which that won't happen but holy crap I hope the doctor takes me at least 2 weeks early. I thought that this might happen, each baby weighs a pound more than the one before. Gracey weighed 7lbs 12oz, Brooklyn weighed 8lbs 11oz, so we might have a 10 pound baby, and both the girls were a week early. So where do big babies come from???????

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OH MY... WOW!! You do have a big baby in there- You poor Momma... I'm glad I don't have to push that baby out. Just kidding!
I hope that your Dr. will take you 2 weeks early. I don't know where big babies come from. And by the way.. My 2nd child had a cyst on his brain too, but it also went away! Best of luck to you!

Callie, Shawn and Braxton said...

Wow. It sounds like you're in for an adventure. You got to love the big head syndrome. We all have to at least have one kid with it. Good luck. YOu can have him on the 1 of Sept or the 10 (Grandma and Grandpa would like that as much as me). GOod luck. Let us know if you need anything. We're going camping by the cave this weekend if you guys want to come and sleep or just hang out. Best of luck.

Hubers said...

lol thank Dad's genes for the big head syndrome... we call it the Rigby dome!!! I sure hope you don't have a 15 lb kid cause that would really be a crappy life.. he'd be almost as big as my 15 month old lol Good luck and let us know if there is anything we can do!!

Hubers said...

Thanks' to be honest business isn't... We are still trying to figure out what to do!! (This is why we still have our jeep not fixed.) Such is life. We are still wanting vynal, I think, that's what was said the last time Ryan and I talked about it any way :) Hope things are well with you!!